JVS helps individuals successfully find employment by providing job search support to a variety of job seekers. To schedule an appointment with a JVS Career Counselor, call (248) 233-4245.
- Unemployed or underemployed
- Looking for new job opportunities
- Re-entering the workforce
- Retired and seeking short-term employment
Through customized assessments, individuals gauge their interests, skills, motivators and work styles so they can make informed career decisions about their future careers and goals. More info »
Job Search Support
Job seekers can choose from a variety of services to learn the latest job search techniques.
- Using LinkedIn and Facebook for networking
- Writing an effective resume
- Conducting winning interviews
- Negotiating salary
- Computer training »
- Job seekers guide »
Job seekers receive support, job leads, make connections and hone their networking skills. Expert guests also provide valuable advice on resume writing, interviewing, recruiting, emerging jobs and more.
Job Seekers 50+
Our specialized programs for job seekers ages 50+ helps individuals assess their abilities and interests to reinvent themselves for new careers.