Need help with your job search or exploring a new career?
The road ahead is filled with opportunities. We can help you find them.
The JVS Human Services career and employment experts are available to meet with you via phone or video call. To schedule an appointment, call 248.233.4245, email EmploymentHelp@JVSHumanServices.org, or complete the form at the bottom of this page to get started.
The Road Ahead Webinars
Join us for our free job search webinars covering resumes, interviewing, networking, technology on Tuesdays at 10 a.m. and Thursdays at 3 p.m. at www.facebook.com/jvshumanservices
Career Counseling Services
Through customized assessments, we’ll help you gauge your interests, skills, motivators and work styles, so you can make informed decisions about your future careers and goals.
- Identify and analyze your skills, strengths, interests, abilities, personal style and values
- Take assessments and receive expert interpretation on instruments like Myers-Briggs, CareerScope and others
- Clarify your career goals
- Develop a plan to reach your goals
- Make decisions based on self-knowledge and job market trends
- Gain skills to manage current workplace issues through work adjustment counseling
Job Search Services
JVS will help you successfully find employment by providing job search support including:
- Labor Market Analysis
- Job Search Strategies
- Online Applications
- Resume Development
- Cover Letter Writing
- Success with Networking
- Interviewing Skills and Preparation
- Salary Negotiation
Job Search Networking Groups
- Job leads
- Connections to hone your networking skills
- Advice on resume writing, interviewing, recruiting, emerging jobs and more
50+ Job Seekers
JVS offers specialized programs to help assess your abilities and interests to reinvent yourself for a new career. Ask about Recharge! and New Experiences internships.
What's Coming Up
Facilitating Career Development Training
6:30 ‐ 8:30 p.m.
Facilitating Career Development Training offers hands-on, practical learning for workforce professionals who assist others in planning careers and obtaining meaningful work.Read More »
Family Care Partner Support (Virtual)Discuss caring for an older adult.
The Road Ahead: Understanding Your Credit (Julia Tapper, Financial Capability Counselor at JVS Human Services)
We will discuss the four components of credit and strategies for strengthening your credit profile.Read More »