Need help with your job search or exploring a new career?
The road ahead is filled with opportunities. We can help you find them.
The JVS Human Services career and employment experts are available to meet with you via phone or video call. To schedule an appointment, call 248.233.4245, email EmploymentHelp@JVSHumanServices.org, or complete the form at the bottom of this page to get started.
The Road Ahead Webinars
Join us for our free job search webinars covering resumes, interviewing, networking, technology on Tuesdays at 10 a.m. and Thursdays at 3 p.m. at www.facebook.com/jvshumanservices
Career Counseling Services
Through customized assessments, we’ll help you gauge your interests, skills, motivators and work styles, so you can make informed decisions about your future careers and goals.
- Identify and analyze your skills, strengths, interests, abilities, personal style and values
- Take assessments and receive expert interpretation on instruments like Myers-Briggs, CareerScope and others
- Clarify your career goals
- Develop a plan to reach your goals
- Make decisions based on self-knowledge and job market trends
- Gain skills to manage current workplace issues through work adjustment counseling
Job Search Services
JVS will help you successfully find employment by providing job search support including:
- Labor Market Analysis
- Job Search Strategies
- Online Applications
- Resume Development
- Cover Letter Writing
- Success with Networking
- Interviewing Skills and Preparation
- Salary Negotiation
Job Search Networking Groups
- Job leads
- Connections to hone your networking skills
- Advice on resume writing, interviewing, recruiting, emerging jobs and more
50+ Job Seekers
JVS offers specialized programs to help assess your abilities and interests to reinvent yourself for a new career. Ask about Recharge! and New Experiences internships.
What's Coming Up
Virtual Homebuyer Education
1 p.m. – 5 p.m.This Homebuyer Education class will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. This program will help you learn if homeownership is right for you, Read More »
Virtual Women to Work Course
Looking for a job? Women to Work is a VIRTUAL 4-week course for women who have been away from the workforce and need immediate employment.Read More »
Coffee and Conversations: Home Maintenance
This conversation will give participants information on how to budget for home maintenance and provide tools and resources regarding how to prepare for it.Read More »
What's the Buzz
Jewish Senior Life JVS Detroit