JVS has established the Legacy Society as a way to recognize and thank individuals who have made a planned gift through the agency’s Charitable Gift Annuity Program, established an endowment fund or designated a gift to JVS in their estate plans.
Benefits of Membership
As a JVS Legacy Society Member, you will receive:
- Certificate of Membership
- Listing in the JVS Annual Report
- Receive the annual Legacy Society Member Publication
- Invitations to JVS stewardship events for Legacy Society Members
Becoming a Member
Members of the JVS Legacy Society provide financial support to continue the work the agency has been providing since 1941 to help people realize life’s potential. The following gifts to JVS qualify you for membership in the JVS Legacy Society.
- Making JVS the benefactor of property through a bequest provision in your Will or revocable trust.
- Naming JVS the beneficiary of a new insurance policy or of a paid policy whose coverage you no longer need for heirs or life changes.
- Establishing an endowment fund with a gift of $10,000 or more and creating and naming the fund to benefit a specific JVS program or service. Only interest made by the fund is spent, which provides an ongoing source of funds to benefit JVS.
- Giving qualified retirement plan assets, such as an IRA, 401(k) or 403(b).
- Making JVS the beneficiary of your will or living trust through a charitable bequest or remainder trust and designating that a specific amount of funds or a portion of your estate go to JVS. Sample bequest language >
- Designating monies to JVS through a charitable lead trust, which provides income to JVS during the donor’s lifetime or a specified number of years and has significant tax advantages to other beneficiaries of your trust.
If you have included JVS in your estate plans, please let us know. Your membership in the JVS Legacy Society will encourage other potential donors to follow your example. Should you wish to remain anonymous we will certainly respect your wishes but urge you to let us know your plans on a strictly confidential basis.
If you have not yet included JVS in your plans and would like to explore the giving options that are best for you and your family, please contact us. We will be very glad to assist you with your planning.